Councilmember Helen Gym to Hold Hearings on “State of Our Schools”
PHILADELPHIA— Councilmember Helen Gym (At-Large) will hold a hearing on the state of Philadelphia’s public schools. Parents and advocates will testify on school communities’ major funding priorities for this budget season in order to continue recovery from the devastating Corbett budget cuts. Over the past year, community demands for school investments have ramped up, with parents, teachers, and school groups coming together to demand investments including resources for community-school connections, more counselors and social workers, and safe and modern schools and schoolyards.
· Councilmember Helen Gym (At-Large)
· Councilmember Jannie Blackwell (3rd District)
· Members of City Council Committees on Children and Youth and Education
· Donna Cooper, Public Citizens for Children and Youth
· Jerry Jordan, Philadelphia Federation of Teachers
· Maura McInerney, Education Law Center
· Public school parents
· Community organizations
· Monday, May 6th at 3:30 p.m.
· City Council Chambers – City Hall Room 400